I love primitives of all kinds and like to reproduce them. I am a full time artist and have been making many different types of reproductions and one of a kind items for many years. I specialize in primitive dolls, toys and many other decorative articles. I have even made an 18th century colonial table before, painted in milk paint just like the old ones. I am also up for a challenge if you want a custom made item. Feel free to contact me with any questions!
Sunday, November 28, 2010
New Izannah Walker style reproduction doll in the works!
Hello everyone, I am going to be offering Izannah Walker reproduction dolls hand made by me. I have been making different primitive styled dolls & reproductions for many years. I recently became a student of Paula Walton who makes the most wonderful reproduction Izannah Walker dolls I have ever seen. I purchased her class book that describes in detail the process of making one of these dolls and it also includes the patterns needed. They are made the old fashioned way, just like Izannah Walker made them herself. These dolls take a VERY long time to make! I cannot stress that enough! But they are so worth it, you just can't find dolls like this everyday. I really like primitives and anyone else who does will just love to have one of these dolls to display. These dolls have the most wonderful detail in them, the hands can look amazing at times.... almost life-like in a funny way. They have a folk art look to them that you just cant find anymore in these times. As of now I have the arms/hands, legs/feet and the head made, as well as some of the clothing. Now they need to be painted using oil paints like the originals. The oil paint takes many days to dry! This first doll of mine is going to have bare feet like some of the original Izannah Walker dolls had. As soon as I finish the main part of the doll body I am going to post some pictures up here so that you can see the progress if you are interested. I will be putting the doll up for sale when she is finished. If you are interested in getting a doll or anything else please feel free to contact me! I have posted a few pictures of some of my different work, as well. Thanks for stoppin' in and many blessings to you & yours!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment